Ravi Kannan, MD
Director, Cachar Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Silchar
Silchar, Cachar, Assam, India
Director, Cachar Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Meherpur, Silchar, Cachar Assam.
Qualifications: M.B.B.S, M.S.(General Surgery), M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology).
Professional Membership: Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Indian Society of Oncology (ISO), The Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO) India, Association of Oncologists of North East India (AONEI).
Awards and recognitions:
- Dr. Kuppuswamy oration at and Citation of honour from Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad, 2016
- The Telegraph “True Legend” award 2016 Northeast in recognition of the outstanding achievements and contributions towards society, Guwahati, 2016
- North East India Emarat-E-Shariah and Nadwatut Tameer, Maulana Abdul Jalil Choudhury Memorial Award 2015 for outstanding contribution to the nation as a social worker and cancer specialist, Badarpur, 2015
- Sixteenth Bhagwan Mahaveer Foundation Award for excellence in human endeavour in the field of Medicine, New Delhi, 2013
- Award for excellence in the field of oncology 2012 from Cancer Aid & Research Foundation (CARF), Mumbai, 2012
- “Karmajyogi” award, Lionistic year: 2010-11, an award for outstanding service to community instituted by district fund foundation of district 3220, Lions Clubs International, Jorhat, 2011
I work for a hospital (http://cacharcancerhospital.org) whose mission is “to provide comprehensive cancer care to people especially the underserved through prevention, treatment, palliation, education and research”. Vision is to ensure that no individual develops cancer that can be prevented, that no patient is denied appropriate cancer treatment for want of resources, that no patient dies in agony and indignity and that no family suffers treatment induced poverty and grief.
I believe my experience and training will help the ‘Breast Cancer Hub’ in all its activities.